The WHFS Rural in Reach Program is initially being offered at over 30 CRCs across WA. Participating CRCs can be found in every region across the State including the Pilbara, Wheatbelt, Gascoyne, Kimberley, Goldfields,. Great Southern, Mid-West, Peel and South West. The Program is also working in partnership with.
The Rural in Reach Program provides a range of health and well-being support services to women, their families and local service providers in remote and rural areas of WA. All services are offered at no or low cost and include:
- Free video conferencing or phone counselling and support
- Referral to other Womens Health and Family Services programs (go to www.whfs.org.au for further information) and regional women’s health centres
- Community health promotion workshops and education
- Low-cost professional development and training for local health professionals and support services
- Information resources
- Promote that good health is more than being free from disease, it is about overall well-being
- Offer information on women’s gender specific issues from highly qualified specialists in women and family’s health and well being.
- Offer privacy and choice in regard to health and wellbeing related issues.